Whether you're looking for a relaxing picnic, a scenic BBQ or an upscale event, the 6ix is the perfect place to celebrate the nation's birthday.
Toronto is full of Canadian adventures, food, artists and culture. Grab your partner, kids or a group of friends and make your way to the city to celebrate 155 years of Canada the right way.
Canada Day long weekend welcomes numerous events to the city. Check out Now Playing Toronto for a complete list of events happening on Canada Day and in the upcoming month of July.
- Celebrate the diverse Rhythms of Canada at the Aga Khan Museum
- Enjoy the Canada Day Comedy and Magic show featuring silent comedian Xpectaculo
- Have some laughs at The Canada Day Roast
- Make a stop at Toronto's favourite concert and picnic series, Electric Island
Food and drink
Whether you are looking for Canadian-inspired treats, a delicious plate to bring to a BBQ or a refreshing Canadian cocktail to cool down, Toronto has it all. Find local favourites or specialty restaurants suitable to your taste and festivities.
- Enjoy the ultimate signature Canadian cocktail at Score on King
- Enhance your BBQ with Beach Hill Smokehouse
- Grab a vegan maple donut at Bloomer's on Queen West
- Treat yourself to Canadian cuisine and an unbeatable view of the Toronto skyline at Canoe
Fireworks, food trucks and live music are the perfect ingredients for Canada Day weekend. Take full advantage of being outdoors during the celebration of Canadian culture. Outdoor activities are the most refreshing way to gather with friends and family while enjoying Toronto's landscapes.
- Listen to free live music at the Harbourfront Centre
- Enjoy the annual Canada Day festival at Downsview Park
- Experience the thrills of Canada's Wonderland
- Catch a Blue Jays game
- Choose your own adventure at Ontario Place, with activities including outdoor yoga, an inflatable waterpark, free movies, Segway tours, art installations, concerts and more!