Holiday events & festivals
The holiday festivities have begun in Toronto. From whimsical light shows, nostalgic holiday traditions and re-imagined celebrations, these events are sure to fill you with cheer this season.
- Start with this bucket list of limited-time holiday events in Toronto
- Marvel at the dazzling light displays at Casa Loma—North America’s only castle
- Fill your head with visions of sugarplums at The Nutcracker ballet
- Wander the quaint cobblestone streets of The Distillery Historic District during the Distillery Winter Village
Classic holiday activities
There’s no better way to get into the holiday spirit than spending a festive day in the city. Bundle up and embrace the spirit of the season, whether you’re on a date, spending time with family or flying solo.
Festive food & drinks
If we had to choose only one thing we look forward to during the holidays, it’s the festive food (and drinks!). Not only do you get to indulge in treats that warm you up from the inside, but the holidays are also the perfect time to celebrate over shared meals with the ones you love.
- Step out of your comfort zone and try flavours from different cultures with an international holiday meal
- Warm up with cold-weather cocktails (or non-alcoholic beverage of your choice)
- Indulge in your favourite comfort food
- Skip the clean-up and take your crew to one of these restaurants for relaxed holiday entertaining
From luxury goodies to locally-loved artisans, Toronto has no shortage of holiday shopping options to help you find the perfect gift for everyone on your list (don't worry, we won’t tell anyone if you end up gifting yourself a few things too). Shop 'til you drop this holiday season.
- Get gift inspiration from local Toronto ambassadors in the know
- Create a one-of-a-kind, heartfelt DIY gift (or create a personalized beauty or fashion treat for yourself)
- Pop into a holiday pop-up market
- Show some local love and cross off your wishlist with these uniquely Toronto gift ideas
- Pick a classic Toronto holiday shopping hotspot and spend the day exploring
It may be the coolest time of the year but cozy patios, twinkling lights and an abundance of natural...
Fresh menus, bright new fashions, and the elusive and short-lived cherry blossoms are here.
Let others stare at screens, you've got real life to enjoy now.