Flanked by verdant Christie Pits Park to the west and University of Toronto-centric Annex to the east, Koreatown is a magnet to local shoppers and foodies. Get your fill of K-beauty, K-fashion and K-stationery (yes, it’s a thing) at local boutiques, and then fill up on bibimbap, grill-it-yourself kalbi, soon tofu and other restaurant specialties. Finally, sate your sweet tooth at a dessert cafe, bakery or bubble tea parlour, or sing your heart out at a karaoke lounge.
- Christie Pits Park for alfresco film screenings in summer, and epic sledding in winter
- Walnut cakes from Hodo Kwaja or fish-shaped taiyaki from Kevin’s Taiyaki
- Loading up on cool Korean and Japanese candies and chips at P.A.T. Central supermarket
- Booking a private room in one of the many karaoke bars—a popular one is Echo Karaoke on Bloor
- K-Beauty spas and shops for treatment facials and Korean skincare products
BOUNDARIES: Bloor Street West between Christie and Bathurst streets.
PUBLIC TRANSIT (TTC): Christie subway station.