Food, music, art, culture – whatever your passion, there’s a festival for it in Toronto.
Northwest of downtown Toronto you’ll find Rexdale, a neighbourhood that’s only been around since the 1950s. Before that time the area was farmland. Today it’s a mix of interesting sights that can’t be found anywhere else in the city—from a casino to an amusement park to a horse racing track.
- Delighting the kids at Woodbine Mall & Fantasy Fair—the indoor amusement park (meets shopping mall) has an antique carousel, 15-metre (50-foot) Ferris wheel and 12 full-size rides
- Tasting delicious North Indian cuisine at the numerous Punjabi food spots
- Woodbine Racetrack for thoroughbred and harness racing
- Escaping into the great outdoors in the West Humber Parkland
- Trying your luck at Casino Woodbine
BOUNDARIES: Highway 401 to the south, Steeles Avenue West to the north, Highway 427 to the west, and the Humber River to the east.
PUBLIC TRANSIT (TTC): York Mills subway station, then take the 96 bus westbound.