Our media library grants you access to hundreds of high-resolution photos...
Destination Toronto's Media Relations team is here to assist influencers, travel, lifestyle and business journalists who are on assignment to produce a Toronto feature with a strategic media outlet.
Please review the guidelines below carefully and complete the following assistance form.
MEDIA VISIT GUIDELINES
We receive a considerable number of requests from influencers, travel, lifestyle and business writers seeking legitimate travel writer privileges. We also receive a number of requests from individuals portraying themselves as travel writers in an attempt to receive the same privileges. As a result and to most effectively meet journalists’ editorial, photographic and/or broadcast needs, we ask cooperation in following these guidelines:
- Allow at least four business weeks advance notice.
- We assess requests on an individual basis but cannot guarantee assistance will be provided on a complimentary basis, this is often left to the discretion of the host business and subject to availability.
- Black-out periods may be experienced throughout the year, especially at hotels. Certain dates and events may be subject to restriction including:
- New Year’s Eve/Day
- Citywide Meetings & Conventions
- Peak Season (June to October)
- Toronto International Film Festival
- Destination Toronto does not provide assistance for personal traveling companions. Our primary concern is assisting working press.
- Destination Toronto does not negotiate advertising trade-out agreements with industry partners.
- If you are producing a fashion/catalog shoot without significant editorial coverage of Toronto a discounted and/or full rate for accommodations applies.
We appreciate your interest in Toronto and look forward to assisting with your research.
MEDIA ASSISTANCE FORM
Journalists interested in visiting Toronto for a story should complete the form linked below to expedite requests and accommodate needs.