Connecting people, animals and conservation science since 1974.
Rouge is located in Scarborough, east of downtown Toronto. The area is full of incredible sights. It’s home to the city’s largest zoo and Canada’s first National Urban Park, making it a destination for families as well as couples and solo travellers who enjoy Mother Nature and long walks.
- More than 5,000 exotic animals at the Toronto Zoo
- Camping in Rouge National Urban Park—it’s the only official camping site in Toronto
- Canoeing on Rouge River’s calm waters
- Rouge Beach—it’s one of Toronto’s 11 swimmable beaches
- Exploring the unique ecosystem of the marsh and wetlands behind Rouge Beach
BOUNDARIES: Sheppard Avenue to the north, Highway 2 to the south, Rouge River to the east, Highway 401 to the west.
PUBLIC TRANSIT (TTC): Kennedy subway station, then the 986 bus. Or Rouge Hill GO train station, then the 85 bus.