Toronto in the Fall
The autumn breeze whisks in a new season of colourful sights, A-List events and so many more fall activities to explore in Toronto.
As the leaves turn Instagram-worthy colours, Toronto becomes an even more vibrant hub of activity. From major league sports and celebrity spotting to tried-and-true fall favourites like Halloween haunted houses and pumpkin patches, fall in Toronto is shaping up to be a magical one.
Fall city attractions
If an urban adventure is your cup of tea when the weather starts to get cool, Toronto’s attractions and venues are the perfect way to spend a brisk fall day. Just pick one of Toronto’s 140+ diverse neighbourhoods and start exploring.
Autumn outdoor activities
Autumn in Toronto is the best time to explore the beauty of the city and surrounding areas, without the winter wind chill. Plus, you won’t want to miss the city’s stunning fall colours.
- Embrace the fall spirit by visiting a local apple-picking farm or pumpkin patch
- Breathe in the crisp fall air on a nature walk with a stunning view of Toronto
- Visit Humber Bay Shores from September to November to spot the fall salmon migration
- Spend a fun-filled day exploring Toronto’s top cycling routes (and if you’re a foodie who loves art, we have the route for you)
- Escape the city and go on a day trip to nearby Niagara Falls—be sure to stop by a winery or two on your way
Fall festivals & events
While the Toronto International Film Festival kicks off event season at the beginning of September, the city shows no signs of slowing down. Fall events in Toronto bring a buzz to the city—make sure you don't miss out on the action. Check out our annual festivals and events for a more comprehensive list.
- Missed TIFF? Get your film fest fix at one of Toronto's other world-class film festivals
- Attend one of the largest literary festivals in the world, the Toronto International Festival of Authors
- Sing and dance your heart out at a can’t-miss theatre, musical and performance
- Rock on at a must-see retro concert this fall (bonus if it is at one of Toronto’s most iconic concert venues)
Fall foods & desserts
As the weather begins to cool down from the hot summer months, we're craving comfort food, cozy flavours and all things pumpkin. Luckily, Toronto's culinary scene has something to satisfy every stomach.
- Dine at one of Toronto's MICHELIN Guide-recognized restaurants
- Book in advance and score a reservation to one of Toronto’s peak luxury Japanese restaurants
- Treat yourself to a tasty dessert with an international twist
- Stock up on fall produce at the St Lawrence Market (be sure to pick up a sandwich on the way out)
- Gather the crew for a unique brunch experience
Fall sporting events
Toronto’s epic sports scene is full of action this season and cheering on one of the city's sports teams is among the top things to do in Toronto in the fall. Whether you’re at one of the city's top sports bars or if you're lucky enough to score in-person tickets, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to show your fan spirit this season.
It may be the coolest time of the year but cozy patios, twinkling lights and an abundance of natural...
Fresh menus, bright new fashions, and the elusive and short-lived cherry blossoms are here.
Let others stare at screens, you've got real life to enjoy now.