Things to Do in Toronto in Fall
The autumn breeze whisks in a new season of colourful sights, A-List events and so much more fall fun to explore in Toronto.
As the leaves turn Instagram-worthy colours, Toronto becomes an even more vibrant hub of activity. From the long-awaited return of in-person events and sports to tried-and-true fall favourites like Halloween haunted houses and pumpkin patches, fall in Toronto is shaping up to be a magical one.
Cheer on your favourite sports teams
Toronto’s epic sports scene is back in full swing this fall. Whether you’re watching from home or lucky enough to score in-person tickets, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to cheer on the city this season.
- Catch all the fall baseball as the Blue Jays take over Rogers Centre once again
- Feel the excitement of the glorious return of the Toronto Raptors to home court
- Follow the Toronto Maple Leafs as pre-season NHL hockey begins at Scotiabank Arena
- Bundle up for an Argonauts football game at open-air BMO Field
Feast on fall food
As the weather begins to cool down from the hot summer months, we’re craving comfort food, cozy flavours and all things pumpkin. Luckily, Toronto’s culinary scene has something to satisfy every stomach.
Attend an A-List event
The Toronto International Film Festival kicks off event season at the beginning of September, and the city shows no signs of slowing down. After a year-long hiatus, in-person events are bringing energy back into the 6ix.
- Get in the spooky spirit at one of the top Halloween events in Toronto
- Attend one of the largest literary festivals in the world, the Toronto International Festival of Authors
- Cheer to the return of the Toronto Craft Beer Festival
- Immerse yourself in the magic of Monet at the Beyond Monet experience
- Explore Toronto’s neighbourhoods through the lens of the international arts festival, Luminato
Explore the great outdoors
Autumn in Toronto is the best time to explore the beauty of the city and surrounding areas, without the winter wind chill. Plus, you won’t want to miss the city’s stunning fall colours.
- Breathe in the fall air on a nature walk in one of Toronto’s leafy ravines
- Escape the city and go on a day trip to nearby Niagara Falls—be sure to stop by a winery or two on your way
- Take advantage of the tail-end of the city’s ActiveTO street closures and explore one of Toronto’s top cycling routes
- Bring the whole family on a fun-filled day at High Park or Riverdale Farm
Fall sights in the city
If an urban adventure is more your cup of tea when the weather starts to get cool, Toronto’s attractions and venues are the perfect way to spend a brisk fall day. Start by checking out StrollTO, and you’ll have no problem making a day of exploring Toronto’s neighbourhoods.
- Learn about the haunted history of the Distillery District on a ghost tour
- Indulge in a fall getaway by booking a stay at one of Toronto’s hotels
- Follow your inner bookworm and go on a bookish adventure around Roncesvalles Village
- Discover something new at these niche museums and galleries you can only find in Toronto
It may be the coolest time of the year but cozy patios, twinkling lights and an abundance of natural...
Fresh menus, bright new fashions, and the elusive and short-lived cherry blossoms are here.
Let others stare at screens, you've got real life to enjoy now.