Toronto in the Fall
The autumn breeze whisks in a new season of colourful sights, A-List events and so many more fall activities to explore in Toronto.
As the leaves turn Instagram-worthy colours, Toronto becomes an even more vibrant hub of activity. From major league sports and celebrity spotting to tried-and-true fall favourites like Halloween haunted houses and pumpkin patches, fall in Toronto is shaping up to be a magical one.
Feast on fall food
As the weather begins to cool down from the hot summer months, we're craving comfort food, cozy flavours and all things pumpkin. Luckily, Toronto's culinary scene has something to satisfy every stomach.
- Dine at one of Toronto's MICHELIN Guide-recognized restaurants
- Try a dish that's new to you—whether it's Indigenous cuisine, Jamaican patties or K-Pop tacos
- Plan the ultimate craft beer crawl of the city
- Indulge in your favourite comfort foods from around the world
- Go on a quest to discover the best pizza in Toronto—deep dish or thin crust?
Cheer on the home teams
Toronto’s epic sports scene is full of action this season and cheering on one of the city's sports teams is among the top things to do in Toronto in the fall. Whether you’re at one of the city's top sports bars or if you're lucky enough to score in-person tickets, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to show your fan spirit this season.
Attend an A-List event
While the Toronto International Film Festival kicks off event season at the beginning of September, the city shows no signs of slowing down. Fall events in Toronto bring a buzz to the city—make sure you don't miss out on the action.
- Missed TIFF? Get your film fest fix at one of Toronto's other world-class film festivals
- LOL at one of Toronto's funniest festivals: JFL42
- Attend one of the largest literary festivals in the world, the Toronto International Festival of Authors
- Stay up-to-date on all the fall activities in Toronto with NowPlayingToronto
Explore the great outdoors
Autumn in Toronto is the best time to explore the beauty of the city and surrounding areas, without the winter wind chill. Plus, you won’t want to miss the city’s stunning fall colours.
- Breathe in the fall air on a nature walk in one of Toronto’s leafy ravines
- Escape the city and go on a day trip to nearby Niagara Falls—be sure to stop by a winery or two on your way
- Take advantage of the tail-end of the city’s ActiveTO street closures and explore one of Toronto’s top cycling routes
- Bring the whole family on a fun-filled day at High Park or Riverdale Farm
Fall sights in the city
If an urban adventure is more your cup of tea when the weather starts to get cool, Toronto’s attractions and venues are the perfect way to spend a brisk fall day. Start by checking out StrollTO, and you’ll have no problem making a day of exploring Toronto’s neighbourhoods.
- Learn some haunted history with a Distillery District ghost tour
- Treat yourself to a spa-cation at one of Toronto's top hotels
- Follow your inner bookworm and go on a bookish adventure around Roncesvalles Village
- Discover something new at these niche museums and galleries you can only find in Toronto
For more inspiration, check out these guides from local Toronto insiders, in partnership with Hilton Hotels.
It may be the coolest time of the year but cozy patios, twinkling lights and an abundance of natural...
Fresh menus, bright new fashions, and the elusive and short-lived cherry blossoms are here.
Let others stare at screens, you've got real life to enjoy now.