Get outdoors and get active with these nature-filled adventures. The Evergreen Brick Works trails...
A reclaimed quarry and former landfill, Evergreen Brick Works is a marvel in urban landscape design. In 2010, it was reopened as a reimagining of what a green city space can be. Spend a day exploring the merging of past and present in the community garden, and check listings for special events (from craft sales to craft beer festivals), especially on weekends.
- Taking the kids on a scavenger hunt—pick up the instructions from the Young Welcome Centre
- Sampling locally grown and locally made goodies at the Saturday farmers’ market
- Hiring a fat bike and taking a winter ride through the snow-filled park
- A self-guided walk around the site or try a nature trail like Lookout Path for views of the CN Tower
- Outdoor ice skating inside the old brick factory, which has an open roof and exposed ceiling beams
BOUNDARIES: Don River Valley near Bayview Avenue.
PUBLIC TRANSIT (TTC): Davisville subway station, then take the 28 bus southbound.