Feel the energy in the city as autumn quickens the pace.
Things to Do in Toronto in Summer
Summer is when Toronto comes out to play — and it’s time to start having some fun.
Toronto is a force to be reckoned with in the summer as everything gets amped up. Lean into spontaneity and a renewed sense of curiosity. There’s more time for connecting as you journey from Adventure A to Adventure B — and stumble upon Adventure C. From parks and pools to patios and Pride, you’re sure to find something that will get you in the summer spirit in Toronto.
Explore vibrant neighbourhoods
As one of the most diverse cities in the world, Toronto has over 140 neighbourhoods, each with its own unique style and vibe. Spend the summer ‘hood-hopping, and you’ll never get bored. If you're local, book a staycation in a different part of the city to really feel like you’re somewhere else in the world.
- Explore the always bustling and eclectic Kensington Market. Pro tip: visit on a Sunday, when the market is closed to vehicle traffic
- Take a tour of Toronto’s dynamic street art and shopping scene in Queen West
- Get your Pride on at the Church-Wellesley Village
- Spend an afternoon dining al fresco in Little Italy
- Bring the family out for a day in the trendy Leslieville and Riverdale neighbourhoods
Summer in Toronto is meant to be spent outside. Explore the great outdoors at one of Toronto’s beloved beaches, unique green spaces, or peaceful parks and playgrounds. Pick your favourite way to soak up the sun and have some physically distanced fun!
- Escape the city and catch a ferry to explore the car-free Toronto Islands by bike or on foot
- Splash the day away at a water park or splash pad
- Take advantage of the city’s ActiveTO program, where sections of some of Toronto’s busiest streets are closed to vehicle traffic to allow for cyclists and pedestrians
- Explore Toronto’s top cycling routes. And if you’re a foodie who loves art, we’ve got the cycling route for you
- Find the best park for you to take in the Instagram-worthy Scarborough Bluffs
Food and drink
If there is one thing Torontonians are passionate about, it’s patio season. Don’t let summer pass you by without experiencing Toronto’s epic culinary scene, whether it’s a patio, picnic, or grab-and-go treat.
- Enjoy an al fresco brunch at one of Toronto's top brunch spots
- Treat your tastebuds to one of Toronto’s top cold desserts
- Hang out with the cool kids at some of the best patios on Queen West
- Enjoy a cocktail with a view at these hotel rooftop bars
- Visit the historic St. Lawrence Market for some fresh eats, and be sure to visit the outdoor farmers’ market
- Take your meal to go and pack a picnic. Check out some of Toronto’s best picnic spots