This large area northeast of downtown is full of hidden treasures, from cultural institutions to natural wonders.
In Don Valley, you’ll find an array of fascinating sights that will interest people of all ages, from multi-use community parks to museums with fascinating fine art and science exhibits.
- Exploring the hiking trails and history surrounding Evergreen Brick Works
- Cabbagetown, to say hello to the animals at Riverdale Farm
- The beautiful Aga Khan Museum, which focuses on art and artifacts from the Islamic world
- Cabbagetown’s diverse mix of restaurants for a quick bite
- Having fun and learning something new at the Ontario Science Centre
BOUNDARIES: Jarvis Street to the west, Don Valley Parkway to the east, Lawrence Avenue East to the north and Queen Street East to the south.
PUBLIC TRANSIT (TTC): Davisville subway station, then take the 28 bus.
A reclaimed quarry and former landfill, Evergreen Brick Works is a marvel in urban landscape design. In 2010, it was reopened as a reimagining of what a green city space can be.