Explore the neighbourhoods and attractions of Toronto any way you want with these fun tours.
Niagara Falls Day Trips
Day trips are a wonderful way to discover the nearby region and there’s none more awesome than Niagara Falls.
One of the Seven Natural Wonders of the World is just an hour-and-a-half drive from Toronto! Packed with attractions, dining and adventure, here are just some of the ways to enjoy your day trip to the Falls and the surrounding region.
How to get to Niagara Falls from Toronto
Public Transit: First, get there with the Niagara seasonal GO Train service. You can buy an inclusive Niagara Parks Travel Package online for $35.00 for an adult from Union Station which covers your round-trip GO Train fare as well as two-day access to WEGO the hop-on, hop-off bus service that travels throughout the city of Niagara Falls and Niagara Parks. Trains running on Saturdays, Sundays and holidays will also be equipped with bike cars that can each hold up to 18 bikes. Plan your trip at GO Transit.
By car: If you are travelling by car from Toronto to Niagara Falls, you can take the Gardiner Expressway West until it changes to Queen Elizabeth Way (QEW) and keep on it till you reach Niagara. Take the Ontario Highway 420 to exit onto Niagara Veterans Memorial Highway East.
Take a Tour: There are also bus tour companies such as Gray Line of Toronto and Genova Tours take you from Toronto to the Falls and show you all the highlights.
Things to do in Niagara Falls
- Explore the Falls with Hornblower Niagara Cruises
- Take the Whirlpool Jet Boat Tours along the Lower Niagara River at 80 km/h for a ride that will leave you soaking wet and thrilled to bits
- Get a truly impressive view, 775 ft above the Falls, with the Skylon Tower
- Elevators transport you to viewing decks beneath the Horseshoe Falls so you can experience the thundering power of this natural wonder when you Journey Behind the Falls
- A helicopter ride is an awesome way to see the Falls and Niagara Helicopters Limited gives you flightseeing tours 365 days a year. To take in a little more of the region National Helicopters Inc. offers thrilling jet helicopter tours from Toronto and Niagara Falls. You get breathtaking views of both the CN Tower in Toronto and the Falls in Niagara
- Check out the Niagara Parks Butterfly Conservatory. Just 10 minutes north of the Falls, it features over 2,000 colourful tropical butterflies in a lush, exotic setting
- Cap off your Niagara escape with a memorable night at the Shaw Festival, a leading Canadian theatre company and a gem in Niagara-on-the-Lake producing the works of Bernard Shaw and playwrights from his era
Popular Niagara-on-the-Lake wineries
Niagara-on-the-Lake also known as NOTL by the locals, is full of vineyards to explore and food and wine pairings to try. Here are our picks for some wineries that offer tours and tastings that are sure to delight your taste buds:
- Jackson-Triggs Niagara Estate Winery is open daily, year-round for guests to take guided tours and sample premium Vintners Quality Alliance (VQA) wines along the way
- Lailey Winery has been crafting a variety of divine wines including their Canadian VQA Icewine. Since 1973, they have tended to some of the oldest Pinot Noir and Chardonnay vines in the Niagara area
- Magnotta Winery has complimentary tours starting daily at 2:00 p.m. with tips on winemaking, bottling techniques, wine tasting and fine art
- Peller Estates Winery & Restaurant has been crafting spectacular wine for over 50 years for Canadians to enjoy. Taste rare vintages in The Estate Room or explore the 10Below Icewine Lounge and underground barrel cellar