Immerse yourself — and your camera — in the artful history of this Scarborough park...
This Scarborough neighbourhood offers plenty of unique outdoor sights for a day trip out of downtown. So put on your walking shoes, and bring your swimmers (or toque and gloves, depending on the season) and explore this scenic wonderland.
- Exploring the hiking trail through South Marine Park
- A former artists’ colony, Guild Park and Gardens. It’s now full of sculptures and architectural remnants salvaged from downtown Toronto
- A walk on the Doris McCarthy Trail, which takes you through a wooded gully and alongside the area’s stunning white cliffs
- Sunday brunch at Bickford Bistro, overlooking Guild Park and Gardens
- Snapping a photo in front of the Guildwood street mural, which was created by artists Chris Perez and Leyland Adams
BOUNDARIES: Along the lakeshore, from South Marine Park to Grey Abbey Park. Bounded by the CN rail track to the north.
PUBLIC TRANSIT (TTC): Kennedy subway station, then take the 116 bus eastbound. Guildwood GO train station.
Want to tour Toronto like a local? Hop on a bike—rentals abound, by the hour or by the...
Looking for a free, family-friendly activity? Take these urban hikes within reach of Yonge and...