Take the “Red Rocket” to three historic neighbourhoods—Cabbagetown, East...
South Asian culture abounds in this vibrant neighbourhood, where hole-in-the-wall “chaat houses” (serving traditional Indian street food) co-exist with trendy new brewpubs and art galleries. The jewel-in-crown of the area is the Gerrard India Bazaar, the biggest South Asian market in North America, packed with jewellery, furnishings, spices and silks.
- Authentic North Indian and Pakistani cuisine at Lahore Tikka House
- A sea of tea lights every November for Diwali
- The city’s most popular Egyptian brunch at Maha’s Egyptian Restaurant. Insider tip: get there early to skip the line
- The cinematic finds at Bollywood Music Centre
- Stocking up on your spice supply at Kohinoor Foods
BOUNDARIES: On Gerrard Street East, between Coxwell Avenue and Greenwood Avenue.
PUBLIC TRANSIT (TTC): Take the 22 bus southbound from Coxwell subway station.
A local’s guide to delicious food, vibrant shopping, unexpected art and everything else you...
Local insider tips on where to eat for a proper intro to the Gerrard East neighbourhood. Part of...