Local insider tips on where to eat for a proper intro to the Gerrard East neighbourhood. Part of...
Gerrard East is a small, exciting pocket on Toronto’s east side that sits roughly between East Chinatown and Little India. There are plenty of stops here as you explore along Gerrard. Stay up to date with what’s happening in the neighbourhood via social—locals tag the area with #Gerrones.
- Wong’s Ice Cream, especially for its Hong Kong milk tea and wasabi honey flavours
- The vibrant cantina, good vibes and rooftop patio at Chula Taberna Mexicana
- Coffee and Clothing for just that: fresh grinds and one-of-a-kind vintage threads
- A taste of the Caribbean at The Real Jerk. Side note: Rihanna and Drake shot their “Work” video here
- Soul Chocolate for ethically sourced and locally made bars. The hot chocolate is just the thing after a snowy winter’s afternoon of exploring
BOUNDARIES: Gerrard Street East, between Logan Avenue and Jones Avenue.
PUBLIC TRANSIT (TTC): Dundas subway station, then take the 505 streetcar and change at Gerrard Street East to take the 506 streetcar eastbound.
Take the “Red Rocket” to three historic neighbourhoods—Cabbagetown, East...
Stroll this eclectic east end street for unique fashion, lifestyle and foodie finds. Doing some gift...