Digital Marketing Analyst
May 18, 2021
The Digital Marketing Analyst is responsible for establishing and maintaining data management and performance reporting of Destination Toronto’s paid, owned and rented (social) channels and programs. Foremost, you work with internal teams and external partners including our agencies to set up and report on Destination Toronto’s content marketing activities and paid media activities across owned, rented and paid channels.
- Responsible for quality and reliability of analytics implementation on Destination Toronto (DT) content hubs: configuration of analytics using Google Analytics, set up and maintenance of Google Tag Manager, Google Webmaster and Google Analytics Alert; management of user access and user permissions;
- Identify and implement analytics platform and dashboard based on marketing objectives and Business Intelligence priorities; provide direction to the internal CMS Team for the implementation of analytics solution design; performs quality assurance on analytics solution
- Work with paid media agencies and DT internal teams to ensure ongoing quality and reliability of our tagging for reporting and attribution purposes (campaign naming convention, UTMs, Floodlight tags, Facebook pixels, etc.)
- Coordinate with media agencies on the ongoing delivery of performance data to feed into a Dashboard
- Develop processes and tools allowing for the accurate reporting of digital referrals to our stakeholders
- Performs ongoing and ad hoc analysis and reporting on key platforms (Facebook, DCM, Google Analytics)
- Gather and synthesize available customer insight data to identify key trends and perceptions; initiate and implement proprietary surveys when appropriate
- Provide analytical support on other key data sets including geolocation data and surveys
- Collaborate with colleagues to ensure key dashboard elements and insights are shared with the community through public-facing dashboards, regular reports and ad hoc special initiatives
- Maintain active partnerships with stakeholders that own key segments of data and insight to ensure alignment and consistency of data
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- 3+ years working as a marketing analyst with a sophisticated understanding of content and digital marketing including knowledge of various analytics packages (Google Analytics, Adwords, Youtube, Facebook, Twitter, Google Webmaster, Google Tag Manager);
- Experience in working with marketing performance data, including providing insights and analysis to marketing and content team
- Knowledge of the digital media landscape including digital advertising and emerging technologies
- Knowledge of debugging tools for analytics and advertising tags;
- Experience in the tourism industry is an asset
- Experience working in or with an agency is an asset;
- Project management skills to ensure reliable, timely and consistent reporting
How to Apply
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org and clearly indicate the application is for the position of “Digital Marketing Analyst” in the subject line. If you require a disability related accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please email us. We will accommodate your needs under the Ontario Human Rights Code.
We thank all candidates for their interest in Destination Toronto and will directly contact those candidates selected for an interview.
ABOUT DESTINATION TORONTO
Toronto’s visitor economy is a vital economic engine for the city, generating more than $10 billion in economic activity and supporting 70,000 jobs in 2019. Destination Toronto’s mandate is to reflect the breadth and diversity of Toronto’s people, places and culture to inspire residents and visitors to meet, visit and explore our city. Operating in partnership with the City of Toronto, the Greater Toronto Hotel Association and the Ontario Ministry of Heritage, Sport, Tourism and Culture Industries, Destination Toronto markets and promotes the city to global travellers, attracts and supports major meetings and events, and supports local businesses to maximize the opportunities of visitor spending. For more information please visit DestinationToronto.com.