This Scarborough neighbourhood offers plenty of unique outdoor sights for a day trip out of...
Located east of the Beaches and west of Scarborough Bluffs is the charming neighbourhood of Birch Cliff. Close to the lakeshore and not too far from downtown, you’ll find little gems: multicultural eats and scenic landscapes that make it well worth the trip from the city centre.
- Exploring the Great Lakes Waterfront Trail, the area has direct path access
- Coffee, souvenirs and baked goodies at The Birchcliff—try the next-level harvest pumpkin pies around Thanksgiving
- Rosetta McClain Gardens—it’s full of roses, and a great spot for bird and butterfly watching
- Admiring the beautiful residential homes (especially towards Fallingbrook). The architectural styles range from Tudor to Edwardian to Cape Cod
- Eats that range from Canadian comfort food at The Kingston Social House to Hakka cuisine (which combines elements of Chinese and Indian) at Lotus Garden
BOUNDARIES: Victoria Park Avenue to the west, Kennedy Road to the east, Danforth Avenue to the north, and down to the lakeshore at the south.
PUBLIC TRANSIT (TTC): Victoria Park subway station.