Connect to City of Toronto

Street Event Permit

The Street Closure Permit gives you permission to have the street closed to vehicular traffic for up to four days as long as local access for residents and emergency vehicles is maintained while you hold your event, in accordance with City of Toronto bylaws. If you are planning to temporarily close the street fully or partially to occupy a curblane, sidewalk or boulevard for a race, run, walk or festival, you must apply for a Street Closure Permit.

Special Events in City Parks Permit

A Special Events Permit is required for events held in city parks or recreation areas that include alcohol, food service, amplified noise or that charge admission. Large, significant or complicated events that involve multiple City divisions may need the support and expertise of the City’s Special Event Support.