Grab a bike and pedal your way to the best island spots to swim, eat, paddleboard, take photos and...
Toronto Islands make for a memorable day trip, particularly recommended for families and anyone who loves the outdoors. Start your adventure from downtown, where the ferry (or Tiki Taxi) will give you an incredible view of the city skyline. Once on the islands, you can bike, hike or swim your way around the beaches and walking paths. There’s Centre Island Beach (the family favourite), Gibraltar Point Beach, Hanlan’s Point Beach and Ward’s Island Beach, each with its own unique vibe.
- Hiring wheels at Toronto Island Bicycle Rentals
- A family visit to Far Enough Farm or Centreville Amusement Park
- Cooling off with a cucumber and watermelon salad at The Riviera or baked goodies at The Island Cafe
- An 18-hole round of disc golf, just remember to bring your own disc or frisbee
- Snowshoeing and lagoon skating in the winter
BOUNDARIES: A 10-minute ferry ride from downtown.
PUBLIC TRANSIT (TTC): Union Station, then walk or take the 509 or 510 streetcars one stop to the ferry docks.
Ever popular and synonymous with hot summer days, the Toronto Islands are an untapped attraction in...
Explore east-end Toronto’s waterfront community—it’s beautiful any time of...