A contemporary art event that magically transforms Toronto’s streets and public spaces into an...
Most live events have been postponed or adapted to virtual offerings in 2021.
Toronto follows public health measures enacted by the Ontario government to reduce the spread of COVID-19. Check the event website for the most up-to-date information. The content below is from past years of this event.
42 Things. 10 Days. 1 Pass. Just for Laughs presents a new kind of interactive festival, JFL42.
Toronto’s comedy festival
JFL42 features 10 days of shows from some of the world’s greatest, cutting-edge comedians. Choose your headliner(s) and then spend the rest of this premier comedy festival checking out the 42 other hilarious acts! Past headliners include Ali Wong, Aziz Ansari, Sarah Silverman, Seth Meyers, Lena Dunham and more.
Are you ready for some serious laughs? Toronto’s Comedy Festival is back for another year of gut-busting events! On September 19, 2019, JFL42 returns to Toronto and promises to deliver the comedic goods.
This year, headliners include 16-time Golden Globe nominee Carol Burnett, real-life BFF’s John Mulaney & Pete Davidson, Queer Eye’s Jonathan Van Ness and internationally-renowned actor/podcaster/writer/comedian Marc Maron.
THE 42 ACTS
Besides the eight headliners, there’s a slew of hilarious acts to choose from at this year’s JFL42. With the likes of Deanne Smith, Chanty Marostica, Roy Wood Jr and many more, this troupe of comedic characters will keep you laughing from festival start to finish.
How Do the Passes Work?
Instead of individual tickets, JFL42 has a pass system where you can see one or more of your favourite headliners plus some (or all!) of the other 42 acts. Each pass comes with 2+ credits, where one credit will get you one reservation to see any one act. Here’s the scoop on how to get the most from your JFL42 experience:
- Start out by purchasing your pass. With many different options to choose from, there’s a pass for every comedy-lover:
- If you want a little bit of everything, The Classic pass is your ticket to a perfectly side-splitting time.
- If you want to check out the brand new ComedyCon (back for a second year), a ComedyCon Pass gets you that and more.
- If you’re not too hung up on any of those headliners, a Just the 42 pass will let you soak up the acts you really want to see.
- If you can’t pick between these and just want it all, The Super Pass or The VIP Pass are your best bets for a fully-loaded festival experience.
- If you want to bypass this entire pass system, you can opt for individual tickets to take in any of the headliners or 42 acts à la carte.
- Next, activate your pass and use your credits to reserve the acts of your choice.
- When you get to the venue, whip out your smartphone to get your barcode scanned.
- Then, make sure to check in! If you check in to a show an hour before show time to an hour afterwards, your credit gets returned and you can re-use it to see another act, giving you the opportunity to take in as much comedy as your heart desires.