November 17, 2022 (Toronto) – The holiday magic of Toronto is sparking deeper city exploration this season at Stackt Market’s Holiday Hills. As a part of Destination Toronto’s 6ix Weeks of Celebrations holiday campaign, the annual winter festival will feature exclusive Toronto-themed activations intended to create wanderlust and illuminate the diversity of the city.
At Baobird’s Build-a-Broth, holiday revelers can savour their own Toronto noodle bowl with ingredients inspired by the city’s diverse food scene. From November 29 to December 11, gift givers can Shop the Block at a pop-up of Toronto’s favourite local brands like The Cedar Nook, Good for Sunday, and February Candle Company, curated by Style Canada. Along with additional immersive activities and experiences throughout the market grounds, this year’s Holiday Hills will also include its first-ever ferris wheel.
A QR code at the market information booth will encourage guests to check-out other iconic festive Toronto experiences highlighted by 6ix Weeks of Celebrations, including:
- Casa Loma’s Holiday Light Tour - a dazzling lighting display in the gardens and tunnels at Toronto’s favourite castle;
- Glow Christmas - a family-friendly indoor light festival with an ‘Around the World’ light display through six countries;
- Northern Lights - an outdoor, immersive four-area, walkthrough holiday-themed experience on the Exhibition Place Grounds;
- The Distillery District Winter Village - a magical holiday shopping and dining experience at the historic Distillery District;
- Evergreen Brickworks Holiday Market - a holiday market featuring a rotation of over 40 locally-crafted, sustainably produced and handmade vendors;
- WinterFest - a magical, winter wonderland with ice skating, live shows and more at Canada’s Wonderland;
- Thirsty Elf Bar - the Fairmont Royal York's annual holiday-themed cocktail pop-up;
- Cozy holiday meals - five international holidays that can be celebrated at these Toronto restaurants;
- And so much more.
“As the world’s most diverse city, Toronto is welcoming to all during the holiday season, ,” said Scott Beck, President & CEO of Destination Toronto. “A walk through one of the many holiday markets, a delicious cozy meal, or an evening ice skate under freshly fallen snow. There is much to enjoy in Toronto for revelers of every holiday celebrated this time of year - especially with the people they love.”
Visitors are also encouraged to explore the city by signing up for the Pass TO Savings, a free, mobile passport featuring exclusive holiday offers and up to 20% off attractions and entertainment to make every day merry and bright.
About Destination Toronto
Toronto’s visitor economy is a vital economic engine for the city, generating more than $10 billion in economic activity and supporting 70,000 jobs in 2019. Destination Toronto’s mandate is to reflect the breadth and diversity of Toronto’s people, places and culture to inspire residents and visitors to meet, visit and explore our city. Operating in partnership with the City of Toronto, the Greater Toronto Hotel Association and the Ontario Ministry of Heritage, Sport, Tourism and Culture Industries, Destination Toronto markets and promotes the city to locals and visitors, attracts and supports major meetings and events, and supports local businesses to maximize the opportunities of visitor spending. For more information, please visit DestinationToronto.com.