The importance of the meetings industry to the Toronto economy is undeniable. Thousands of jobs are supported by meetings and conventions taking place in the city – from hotels to convention centres, audio-visual and staging, transportation and logistics, and event planners, emcees, and entertainers.
The meetings, conferences and events industry is vital to economic recovery in Toronto, the province, and across the country. Not only do meetings and events fuel the economy and create jobs, they become a driver for innovation, infrastructure, and destination development. Business meetings and conferences are often a “first date” with a city for investors and talent.
While the pandemic has taken an enormous toll on the people who bring events to life in Toronto, the city’s resiliency is on full display, and live events have started to rebound. This year alone Toronto is set to safely welcome back major in-person meetings & events including:
- Destinations International Annual Convention
- International Association for the Study of Pain World Congress
- American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry AACAP/CACAP’s 2022 Annual Meeting
- American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE)
- RC Show: Canada’s Largest Foodservice & Hospitality Event
- IAPP Canada Privacy Symposium
- League of Legends World Championship – Semi-finals
This GMID recognizes and applauds all the work that the local meeting industry has done over the last two years to prepare and get ready for the return of business events. The time is now to meet in Toronto, and we’re ready to welcome the world back!